Proverbs Study, Day 1
Here are the main points that I walked away with from this chapter:
- Start with God. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Vs. 7
- Remember what your parents taught you.
- Don’t follow the wrong crowd. It will lead to destruction.
- Don’t wait for a catastrophe to strike to call out to the Lord. Vs. 25-28
- Listen to the Lord and you will be safe. vs. 33
Two verses stood out to me the most. “My son, hear the instruction of your father, And do not forsake the law of your mother.” ~ Proverbs 1:8 (NKJ) Perhaps this one stood out because I am raising 3 boys and trying to get them to understand how much more wisdom their dad and I have than they do right now. I think this is one that children should definitely learn.
The second verse that stood out was the very last one, Proverbs 1:33 (NKJ), “But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, And will be secure, without fear of evil.” If we would just listen to Him! I recently wrote a post called “Wisdom Waits”. It basically sums up the fact that God has been trying to tell me something for over 2 years and I just wasn’t listening to Him. Thank God for His mercy and grace!
How did you do with our fist day? Share your thoughts in the comments.