100+ THINGS I THANK GOD FOR
1. God woke me up again this morning.
2. I have a great, hard working, selfless husband.
3. A healthy, funny, 13 year old son who is now old enough to babysit our 5 year old.
4. A healthy, loving 5 year old son who makes sure to tell me that he loves me to the moon and back every night.
5. A healthy, sweet 2 month old. He’s such a blessing to everyone we meet.
6. He has delivered me from depression!
7. He has healed me from a tumor that I had in my chest at age 13.
8. He has healed me from endometriosis.
9. He healed me from a mysterious brain issue.
10. I have lived in the home of my dreams for a year now.
11. I have great neighbors.
12. I have great friends.
13. Ability to homeschool
14. Money when we needed it.
15. Money when we didn’t realize we needed it.
16. Great church: Bethel Harvest
17. Ability to bless others.
18. Wonderful singing voice to use for His glory.
19. Love of reading.
20. Protection from harm. There’s been so many times in my life where I can look back and just think, “Wow. If it weren’t for God, where would I be?”.
21. Deliverance from the fear of tornadoes.
22. We were able to buy a van to fit the needs of our growing family.
23. Even though my brother has no relationship with me, I’m still thankful that he’s alive and there’s still time for his salvation.
24. Homeschool groups.
25. Long hair.
26. car that has lasted over half of my life time
27. His Word
28. Fresh air
29. Hot water
32. I’ve won many contests which were a real blessing to our family.
33. Fresh drinking water.
35. 2nd, 3rd (well, more like 5th or 6th) chances to breastfeed my baby. It was a huge struggle for 2 months and I even started to ween him. But God gave me the desire of my heart, which was to press forward and start enjoying it.
36. Quiet time
37. The ability to stay home
38. I’ve led other children to Christ
39. My husband has a job.
40. We sold our last home in just 35 days.
41. We sold our first home a day after we sent in the cancellation to the realtor. He never got the cancellation. This was a true miracle for us.
42. I was able to buy my first home when I was 20 years old.
43. Freedom to raise my boys how I choose
44. My blog & writing skills
45. Gift of prophecy
46. My parents are still married after almost 43 years.
47. Still have all of my immediate family.
48. Fans to sleep with.
49. He allowed me to live after developing a severe allergy to bees and getting stung on my 13th birthday.
50. Debt free except for our home.
51. Crazy childhood memories like sliding down our barn roof in the snow and riding our cows.
52. The job I had for 10 years.
53. The 401k that I got because of that job.
54. Scentsy business that I owned.
55. Babysitting jobs that have helped us through some hard times.
56. Ability and desire to help others.
57. Vacation we had in 2009 to Tennessee.
58. Many trips to Lake Erie with my family when I was a kid.
59. His grace
60. His mercy
61. His love
66. A house overflowing with stuff. My barns are overflowing! Proverbs 3:9-10 Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
69. Trampoline for my kids (and for me occasionally).
70. Chance to volunteer at a nursing home when I was a child. This forever gave me a heart for the elderly.
71. My salvation.
72. My husband’s salvation. We never would’ve found each other if he weren’t saved.
73. Unlimited text messaging. It used to be limited and so easy to go over.
74. Happy hour at Sonic.
75. Nesquik (my morning drink)
76. Cousins ~ I have tons of cousins and a few of them are extra special to me.
77. Great eyesight.
78. My son gave his life to Christ when he was nine years old.
79. Had the wedding that I always dreamed of.
80. Carbonite (a program that backs everything up on the computer). Before Carbonite, we had lost all of our pictures on the computer. I was pretty devastated, but thankfully (another thing to be thankful for), my genius husband was able to recover most of them.
81. Craigslist ~ Not just for selling things! This is where I met one of my best friends, when she found a babysitting ad that I had posted.
82. A doctor who listens to me.
83. A comfy bed to sleep in every night.
84. Nice neighborhood.
87. Prophet Traut
88. Having family that is close in distance, but not too close. It really makes me appreciate our time together better.
89. Party Right (a fun, inexpensive place where my son loves to play)
92. Cameras (and the one I’m believing God for)
93. My husband’s help finishing this list.
94. Gifts from others
95. Baby monitors
97. Restaurants that don’t serve shellfish
98. Soft blankets
99. disposable diapers
100. I am an American!
And here are the few that I’ve thought of since this list.
- He healed me from an ear blockage that I had off and on for about 2 years.
- Reconciliation with family and friends.
- A net for the trampoline.
- Skyline chili is available in a can
My mind is more aware of the blessings that I receive each day because of this list that I have made. I challenge you to give it a try too! Share your thoughts.
I’m Amanda and a Christian homeschooling Mom to 4 awesome boys from ages 4 to 20.
I have an amazing, supportive husband, a passion for encouraging others in their faith, and helping new homeschoolers find their way through their journey.
Thank you for stopping by and getting to know me better.