Last Day to Save 50% Off On Unit Studies
Today is the last day to save 50% off of everything on the Unit Studies Site. There are unit studies offered for nearly every subject. Use Code: 50Off
As relaxed homeschoolers, we love unit studies. It’s a great way to follow your child’s lead in learning. If they love horses, there’s a unit study for that. Have a chef in your house? There are several food studies to choose from. Want to dive deeper into a specific history topic? There are unit studies for that! Other great topics include anatomy, animals of all varieties, religion, weather, and holidays.
Speaking of holidays, now is the perfect time to grab your own Christmas unit study!
This is a wonderful, Christian unit study. The pages are gorgeous, and there are awesome videos to go with each lesson which begins with week one of Christmas. If you order it now, next week would be the perfect time to get started. Here’s what your child will learn with this unit study:
Christmas: a special time of rejoicing as we celebrate the birth of the Son of God, the Messiah. Learn what the world was like at the time of Christ’s birth. Use this study to help your children understand the significance that the coming Savior had for so many people. Read about the prophecies that were fulfilled by His birth, and begin to clearly see God’s hand in history since the very beginning of time.
When so many material desires threaten to obscure the true meaning of Christmas, this study will help bring back into focus how the birth of a tiny baby changed the whole world! Includes Christmas Lapbook!
- Recognizing the celebration of Christmas and what it means to the student.
- Learning more about the story of Christ’s birth—specifically Mary and the events that occurred prior to Jesus’ birth.
- Becoming familiar with the geography of the Middle East at the time of Jesus’ birth.
- Study some of the history of early automobile racing in America
- Developing an understanding of the observation of the Advent celebration.
- Meeting the parents of John the Baptist.
- Learning about the Roman Empire in the days of Christ’s birth.
- Understanding the geography of the Holy Land in the days of Jesus.
- Grasping more about Mary and Joseph’s response to the news from the angels.
- Continuing our study of the geography of the Holy Land.
- Tracing Mary and Joseph’s journey to Bethlehem.
- Meeting the Shepherds in the fields of Bethlehem.
- Recognizing the many names given to Jesus in the Bible.
- Understanding the nature of the relationship between Herod and the wise men.
- Grasping King David’s connection to Jesus.
- Tracing the flight of the new family to safety in Egypt.
- Following the history of the celebration of Christmas.
The Christmas study is part of the Unit Study Adventure series, designed to be a four-week study for grades K-12. The daily lesson plans have been written in two levels in this study:
Lower Level (elementary grades)
Upper Level (junior/senior high grades)
Do you love unit studies like we do? If so, let me know what some of your favorites are!
Be blessed my friends!
I’m Amanda and a Christian homeschooling Mom to 4 awesome boys from ages 4 to 19.
I have an amazing, supportive husband, a passion for encouraging others in their faith, and helping new homeschoolers find their way through their journey.
Thank you for stopping by and getting to know me better.