Unique Cold Weather Date Ideas
Do you have a hard time coming up with date ideas during the winter? If so, I’ve got you covered!
Since it’s currently cold where I live and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, I’ve compiled this list of Unique Cold Weather Date Ideas for you! Check out this list and then grab your FREE PRINTABLE so you can print it out and start checking things off as you go on new adventures with the one you love.
**This post contains affiliate links. This means that at no additional costs to you, I may receive commission if you click through the links and place an order. Thank you so much for supporting my blog.**
- Breakout Games – You and your sweetie get locked in a room and try using clues to break free. Here’s a link for more information and to see if there’s one in your area (if you’re in the U.S.).
- Snow Tubing
- Comedy Club
- Catch a movie at a place that also serves food.
- Murder Mystery Dinner
- Hotel with a water park (without the kids)
- Cooking Classes. I personally hate to cook, but I bet my hubby and I would both enjoy a class together.
- Play board games after you put the kids to bed. I’ve included some of mine and my hubby’s favorite games below.
- Visit a local museum. Explore that museum in town that you’ve always known was there, but never made the time to check out.
- Go ice skating.
- Indoor skydiving! I know my husband would LOVE this if we had one nearby.
- Make S’mores inside. Mmm. Chocolate is my love language! I’ve done this in the microwave before. Have fun experimenting.
- Make a bucket list together. Start planning at least one thing that you came up with.
- Try a restaurant that you’ve never been to.
- Watch your wedding video and flip through old photos together.
- Where do you usually take your kids for fun? Go there without them!
- Indoor rock climbing. This is one of my husband’s favorite things to do. I have yet to give it a try.
- Send the kids to the sitter’s house and play their video games.
- Indoor shooting range. I would love this. I grew up in the country and there’s nothing like the rush of shooting a gun, although I haven’t done that since I was a teenager
Which of these unique cold weather date ideas is your favorite? Are there any that you’re afraid to try? I’m not so sure how I feel about skiing. It’s something I’ve never tried before and I’m not sure how my body would respond. Haha! Snow Tubing sounds right up my ally though!
If you have no idea where to start with #9, then check out a few of mine and my hubby’s favorite games to play without the children.
This game is great to play alone, with each other, or as a family. It’s a strategic game that keeps getting harder and harder as you solve each puzzle. Sometimes I love working on these with my husband, like when I’m stuck or my brain is just too tired. He’s so good at strategic games. But because he’s so good, I also get annoyed when he’s figuring everything out on his own. Ha! I still love him and really enjoy this game.
My husband usually beats me at almost every game we play and that includes Yahtzee, even though it seems like a game of chance. Maybe he’s just luckier than me or maybe it’s because it involves numbers! We still have a lot of fun playing this classic game. If we’re playing when the kids are in bed, we just use our hands instead of the cup to shake the dice.
You may or may not consider this a game, but it’s something that is very addicting to play and our entire family loves to get in on the action. You can use the instructions to create specific patterns for the marbles to follow, or you can get creative and come up with your own paths. We have the starter kit and a couple of trampolines that came in an expansion pack. There are so many cool expansion packs that you can get to make it even more fun. It’s a little more expensive than the other games, but it’s worth every penny!
Here’s a picture of our 6 year old who came up with the concept of building a perpetual motion-like machine. He just needed a little bit of guidance from his daddy. This kid is so smart!
Here’s a video to show you his build in action:
As promised, here is your FREE PRINTABLE!Unique Cold Weather Dates
Now that you have all of the ideas, what are you waiting for? Go make memories!
If you’re looking for things to do on your own, check out my post, “Free or Really Cheap Self-Care Ideas”.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share! Sharing is caring!
Be blessed my friends!
I’m Amanda and a Christian homeschooling Mom to 4 awesome boys from ages 4 to 20.
I have an amazing, supportive husband, a passion for encouraging others in their faith, and helping new homeschoolers find their way through their journey.
Thank you for stopping by and getting to know me better.